Pension Scheme Trustee Secretary
The advantage of an independent scheme secretary
Sometimes the role of the scheme secretary is all about managing meetings and taking minutes. In practice it is often much more than that and we regularly assist Trustee Boards by supplying independent scheme secretaries as a result of changing demands on internal resources. Given the challenge for Trustee Boards to meet their compliance obligations, a good scheme secretary can help develop a robust governance framework. They should combine strong organisational skills with pensions knowledge to help trustees meet best practice requirements.
What we can do to help
Agenda planning – preparation of agendas and backing papers, including simple but comprehensive notes on each agenda point
- Minute production – preparation and issue of agreed minutes (including actions and responsibilities)
- Governance support – through the design and maintenance of a scheme events planner, annual business plan, conflicts of interest and risk management controls
- Budget control – supporting the Trustee Board with monitoring and reporting
- Adviser management – independent monitoring of performance standards and service delivery for scheme advisers, as well as acting as a central contact point
- Project management – additional independent resource available for specific, non-standard exercises
- Online documentation management – via our own e-documentation support or alternative adviser systems
Our service and fees are tailored to meet the specific needs of your Trustee Board and work with existing resources.